This article is a follow-up guide to our previous blog, How To Register For A Freelancer Account On The Aevaru Platform.
Please read it first before continuing to this blog if you haven’t already done so.
In this blog, we’ll go into more detail on what is required to have your Aevaru freelancer account and profile approved.
1 – Identity Verification
Proving your identity is the first step in ensuring your freelancer account is approved. Please make sure you provide the legal documents necessary. We require a Proof of Identity document, in the form of a government-issued Passport, Identity Document, or Driver’s License with at least 2 years’ validity, and a Proof of Address that is no older than 6 months.
2 – Completeness
We only approve Freelancer profiles that are complete. Be sure to complete every field marked *required, and provide as much information as possible.
3 – Your Purpose & Why
It’s important to us to know what motivates and drives you to do the best work possible. In your application, please state your purpose, why you do what you do, and the type of services you deliver.
4 – Portfolio Items
Add at least two or three portfolio items to your profile.
Step 5 – Profile Setup
Once you have completed the Aevaru Identity Verification step, you’ll see a success message and a notice that your account is not yet verified.
To get your account verified, please complete your profile as diligently as possible. Each profile is thoroughly checked by our team, and only complete profiles will be approved.
Let’s get your profile set up for success!
Step 5.1 – Access Edit My Profile
- Hover over the top right corner of your screen where your name is displayed.
- A pop-up menu will appear with several options, including a Settings tab.
- Hover over Settings and select Edit My Profile.
Step 5.2 – Complete Your Profile
Work through every section by adding the needed content as prompted.
Let’s go into more detail about the requirements for each of these sections:
Personal Details & Skills
- Your designation, first name, last name, and display name
- Your minimum hourly rate and your maximum hourly rate
- Your phone number
- Your tag line (e.g., Professional Event Producer)
Short Description & Purpose
N.B.! This section is extremely important to me and the Aevaru team. Please complete it as diligently as possible by answering three important questions:
- About Me – Create a Short Description of yourself and the work you do (a short biography).
- My Purpose – Explain Your Purpose and why you do the work that you do.
- My Services – Provide a list of services and a short description of each.
- Complete this section by indicating the languages you can speak, as well as your Spanish Level.
- For the best results, please ensure your profile photo is 255 x 255 pixels and is under 1 MB in file size.
- File type permitted is JPG.
- Show off your past work.
For example, you are an event producer and are showcasing your work on a recent project. Or, you are a gardener and are showcasing photos of a client’s garden you worked on.
- Please ensure your gallery photos are no larger than 1 MB each.
- File type permitted is JPG.
- Upload your resume in either PDF or Word format.
- Please ensure your resume is no larger than 1 MB.
Location & Address
- Add your location and select your address.
- Select a skill from the dropdown list.
- Then indicate your Level of Experience from 0 to 100%, 100% meaning you are very experienced in the field, and 0% indicating no experience.
Part 1 Complete! – Click on Save & Update
Part 2 - Profile Editing
Once you have saved your settings, move on to the next section, Experience & Education.
- Click on the +Add Experience button.
- Add your title, start date, end date, title of company, and a short description.
- To add another experience, simply click on the +Add Experience button again.
- Continue to the next field, Add Your Education.
- Add the information applicable to each of your educational achievements.
Part 2 Complete! – Click on Save & Update
Part 3 – Awards & Certificates
Once you have saved your settings, move on to the next section, Awards & Certificates.
- Click on the +Add Awards & Certificates button.
- Add the title of your certificate and a link to it if you wish.
- Add as many Awards & Certificates to your profile as you wish.
Part 3 Complete! – Click on Save & Update
Part 4 – Profile Videos
Once you have saved your settings, move on to the next section, Profile Videos.
- Click on the +Add Video URL button.
- Add the direct url to your video, such as on YouTube.
- Add as many video links as would best illustrate your skills and experience for a prospective client.
Part 4 Complete! – Click on Save & Update
Part 5 – Profile FAQ
Once you have saved your settings, move on to the next section, Profile FAQ.
- Click on the +Add Profile FAQ button.
- Add a Question and then provide the Answer. This section will be viewed by a prospective client and can help them understand what they need to do next or how you work.
- Add as many FAQs as you need.
Part 5 Complete! – Click on Save & Update
Part 6 – Submit for Review
Now that you’ve completed all the information needed for profile verification, it’s time to submit your profile application for approval. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the left-hand menu bar.
- Click on the hamburger menu icon to expand the menu.
- Navigate to the Help & Support tab and click on it.
Submit Support Ticket
- Select Profile Verification from the dropdown list.
- Type your notes in the message section.
- Click on the Submit button.
- A green pop-up notice will appear, telling you that your request was sent.
You’ve completed the Profile Setup process. We’ll be in touch if we require any further information. In the meantime, take a look around your new dashboard.
Once your profile is approved, you’ll receive a notification from us, and you can proceed to setting up your services, payment information, and so on.