1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Service, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the Aevaru platform, or information to help us fill out tax forms. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve our Services for you. You may also provide us with information about your contacts or friends if, for example, you’d like to add those contacts to a message room. Agencies may also provide us with information about Freelancers associated with the Agency.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service whether as i) an independent natural personal who earns remuneration on a per-job or per-task basis (“Freelancer”) or ii) as a natural person or a business that uses the Service to hire Freelancers (“Client”), we may require or otherwise collect information and/or documentation that identifies you as a specific individual and any information and/or documentation concerning an identified or identifiable natural person, and that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information may include your name, email address, company address, billing address, photographs, Identification documents and phone number.
Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Biometric Identifiers or Service Interaction Information: We may collect Personal Information such as a photograph of your face, a selfie, or data about your interactions with the Service to verify your identity and to detect fraud, identity theft, or other misuse of your account through the use of facial recognition and other technologies. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification. From time to time, Aevaru may require you to take and submit an additional or updated image of your face for comparison to your government-issued identification. The biometric identifiers or information collected are used only for identity verification and platform security and use integrity purposes.
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but Aevaru will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- Information to Be Published or Displayed: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
2. USER PROFILES
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, education, skills, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates and earnings information, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Aevaru Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Aevaru Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile.
3. IDENTITY VERIFICATION
We place a premium on trust in our Service, so we may take steps to verify your identity. Before a Freelancer can complete registration on the Service, or at any time thereafter, we may request or re-request identity verification. Without limiting the manner in which we request identity verification, we may require Freelancers to participate in a video call after submitting their government issued ID to enable us to confirm that the Freelancer is indeed the individual in the ID. We may record such video calls and take screenshots of the user during the call. Aevaru may use the information obtained from Identity Verification for purposes of verifying your identity, enforcing our Terms of Service and other agreements, and preventing fraud.
Freelancers and Clients may communicate with each other through the Service. For example, Freelancers and Clients may wish to discuss Client needs and Freelancer work proposals. If you communicate with a Client, that Client will also be a “data controller” with respect to such communications. We do not control the Client’s collection or use of your information.
We collect public and private feedback from Aevaru Users about their experience with other Aevaru Users of our Service. Please note that any public feedback that you provide via the Service about your experience with other Aevaru Users of our Service or that is provided about you by other Users is publicly viewable via the Service. We also collect feedback from Users about our Service. We use this information to respond to your inquiries, improve the Service and how our Site functions, and develop new products and features.
6. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information collected through the Service to provide and improve the Service, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information and advertising that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
To provide and improve the Service, complete your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid, and for compliance and internal business purposes.
To contact you with administrative communications and Aevaru newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Aevaru or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices and Rights section, below.
To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
To assess your proposal to perform a freelance project for Aevaru and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Aevaru or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use device identifiers to identify Aevaru Users.
7. DATA RETENTION
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see Your Choices and Rights below), we retain government-issued identification documents you submit to verify your identity for 30 days, selfies you submit to verify your identity for 180 days, a copy of the headshot image from your identity document for 3 years, and other information we collect for at least 5 years. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. LEGAL AND INVESTIGATIVE PURPOSES
Aevaru will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of Aevaru or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
9. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Registered Aevaru Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
10. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
Access Personal Information about you, including:
(i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information;
(ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information.
Request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. In some cases, you can update your personal information within your Aevaru account by logging in and visiting settings/user settings.
Request deletion, anonymization or blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or noncompliant. Note that if your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service. If you would like to close your account in our system, you can do so through the Aevaru Service (once you have logged in, visit settings/user settings, and then click on the close my account link).
Request restriction of or object to our processing of your personal information when processing is noncompliant.
Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available.
Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us.
Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared.
Request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
Aevaru will not be obliged to delete the Personal Information when:
- It refers to the parties of a private, social or administrative contract and it is necessary for its development and compliance;
- It must be treated by legal provision;
- It obstructs judicial or administrative actions related to tax obligations, the investigation and prosecution of crimes or the updating of administrative sanctions;
- Is necessary to protect the legally protected interests of its owner;
- Is necessary to carry out an action based on the public interest;
- Is necessary to comply with an obligation legally acquired by the owner, and
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY